Aldi Taste Kitchen Challenge
Aldi and Team GB are challenging young people aged 5–14 to get creative and design an original recipe, inspired by Team GB.
Enter from home or school for the chance to receive a host of exciting prizes and see your dish join Aldi’s online collection of Taste Kitchen recipes – featuring on both the Aldi and Get Set to Eat Fresh websites.
What’s more, one overall winner – selected by the Aldi Athlete Ambassadors – will receive a piece of exclusive Team GB Tokyo 2020 signed merchandise and have their recipe showcased in print, with a dedicated page spread of an Aldi leaflet! Entries must be received by Friday 12 February 2021.
Entering the Competition
- All recipes should include at least two fruits or vegetables.
- Entries must include ingredients, instructions, a description for the recipe, and a short paragraph to explain how the recipe is inspired by Team GB.
- Entrants must include a photograph of themselves with their finished dish.
- Enter using the Taste Kitchen Challenge Recipe Sheet and Cover Sheet completed by a parent/carer or teacher (see Student Resources below).
- Entries should be be sent to: email@example.com
- Please send a copy of your entry in to school so we can showcase them on Connect!
Winners and Prizes
- A winner will be chosen in each of the following age groups: 5–7, 7–11 and 11–14.
- These three category winners will an exclusive Team GB goody bag, £50 in Aldi vouchers, a certificate, and their recipe will join Aldi’s collection of Taste Kitchen recipes – featuring on both the Aldi and Get Set to Eat Fresh sites.
- The winners’ schools (or a selected community group if the entrant is home schooled) will receive £200 in Aldi vouchers and a bag of fresh produce.
- One overall winner – selected by our Aldi Athlete Ambassadors – will additionally receive a piece of money-can’t-buy Team GB Tokyo 2020 signed merchandise and have their recipe featured on a full or double page spread of an Aldi leaflet.
Information and Student Resources
Click the carrot to get to all of the information, recipe sheets, entry information and full details about the competition.
- Students should enter the Challenge using the Recipe Sheet, accompanied by a Cover Sheet completed by a teacher, parent or carer.
- You can use one Cover Sheet to accompany multiple student entries.
- If the Recipe Sheet and Cover Sheet cannot be used other forms of entry (e.g. word doc/scan of paper entry) are permitted, but entrants should ensure all the necessary recipe and personal details are provided (Recipe details: ingredients, instructions, description of how the recipe is inspired by Team GB and photograph of entrant with recipe. Personal details: entrant name, age, school year, school name, country, adult contact name, email address and confirmation of permissions for photo).
- Entries with incomplete details will not be processed.